Join Tellington TTouch Method Instructor and Reactive Dog Specialist, Kathy Cascade to learn an effective and positive approach to working with dogs who exhibit difficult behavior issues such as extreme fearfulness, anxiety, and reactivity. Enjoy the logical and linear educational format of online content, along with the inspiring and adaptive format of small group, interactive sessions held on the Zoom platform.
This course can count for credit towards Certification as a Tellington TTouch Practitioner for Dogs, or simply be the continuation of a personal learning journey.
Register and gain access to a clearly laid out and detailed online course covering the material you would learn in a two day hands on intensive workshop. This course can be done at YOUR OWN PACE, before the live sessions, and is available to you for continued review.
Live interactive sessions begin on October 21 at 4:30pm PDT and continue each Thursday from 4:30pm – 6:00pm on October 28, November 4 and 11. Between sessions you will work on specific skills and assignments, if you are including this course for credit towards Certification.
Enjoy the comforts of home, with your animal at ease, in this small, intimate group setting. Kathy will help coach you through specific concerns you may have and give you the tools to enhance your dog’s well being.
This course will count for 4 credits as an elective towards the Tellington TTouch Practitioner certification program for dogs, and 10 hours of CEU credit from the Pet Professional Accreditation Board. It is also suitable for dog trainers, shelter staff, and guardians who want to help their dogs develop confidence, coping skills, and emotional well-being.
The online portion of the course includes:
- 4 Lessons with “how-to” videos and lectures about each specific concept and exercise.
- Study Quiz at the end of each section for your own learning and feedback.
- Easy to follow mind maps.
- PDF documents of each Power Point Lesson.
- Lesson video assignments with Instructor feedback, to be completed by those pursuing certification.
- 24/7 access to all materials.
The LIVE interactive portion of the course includes:
- Four 1.5 hour sessions of learning in an intimate, supportive, group setting.
- Expert feedback about your own dog or client dogs you are working with.
- In class group activities and interactions.
Course Objectives: This course will enable the learner to complete the following learning objectives:
- Recognize and correctly interpret canine body language and communication signals.
- Understand the significant link between posture, physical balance, and behavior.
- Identify the four primary coping strategies dogs employ when feeling threatened or stressed.
- Identify and describe the benefits of using a harnesses with two points of contact with purposeful movement exercises.
- Learn and perform various leading configurations to give a dog more space and choice.
- Learn and perform specific exercises to build trust with a fearful dog using the concept of “giving choice.”
- Learn and perform specific exercises to reduce dog to dog reactivity and/or reactivity to other objects, species, or people.
- Perform specific exercises to reduce separation anxiety and build confidence.
- How to work with challenging dog behavior by modeling neutrality and confidence, and deal with your own emotional reactions.
- Harmony Harness, Leash, and Handle
- Soft cotton rope 12-14 feet in length