It is a fact that at some point in your dog’s lifetime, husbandry care at home and veterinary procedures will be necessary. It’s our job to prepare dogs to be calm and confidence with everyday husbandry and ensure vet visits are as stress-free as possible or you could end up with years of struggle and upset for both yourself and your pet.
Whether your dog is tolerant and resilient of vet visits depends on many factors, such as his personality, previous experience, and handling by his guardian and any veterinary professionals he comes in contact with.
This course takes you through practical and appropriate Tellington TTouch Method techniques and exercises, as well as other non-invasive solutions, to helping your dog, and those you work with, find the handling and veterinarian experience less stressful.
This course is suitable for those with or without Tellington TTouch experience. Can count as an Elective for Practitioner Certification. This course can also be done in a stand-alone, Self-Paced Online Course.
In this course, you will learn:
- Safe handling practices for working with dogs in any situation
- Handling techniques which are critical in helping a dog become accustomed to being touched all over
- How to apply the TTouch Body Wrap
- How to do basic TTouch Body Work in preparation for common handling scenarios
- To understand a dog’s body language
- How to incorporate basic veterinarian handling preparation into your training regime.
The online course includes:
In this online course, Tellington TTouch Instructor, author, and Animal Behaviourist, Toni Shelbourne expertly guides you through simple, effective and non-invasive exercises and techniques that can be applied to everyday handling and management of dogs and other animals.
- 24/7 Lifetime Access
- 8 Comprehensive Lesson Modules
- Over 220 minutes of easy to follow lectures and video demonstrations
Online Course Outline:
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: Why is my dog scared?
Lesson 3: Medications, calming products and holistic options
Lesson 4: How to inhibit fear
Lesson 5: Canine communication & safe handling skills
Lesson 6: Applying Tellington TTouch Training for husbandry & Vet procedures
Lesson 7: Training for veterinary examinations, procedures and equipment
Lesson 8: The debrief
The Live Interactive portion of the course includes:
- 10 hours of live learning sessions in a small, friendly group setting.
- Access to an exclusive Facebook Group for ongoing questions and feedback
- Individualized advice and coaching about your specific puppy.
- Ongoing invitations to bi-weekly Q&A meetings with Robyn and other Instructors.
* Please note that Interactive class times will be organized once minimum enrollment is reached.