- Are you a dog lover?
- DO you want to develop positive, effective, techniques to enhance relaxation and support well-being?
- Have you recently added a rescue or shelter animal to your family?
- Do you have a dog who needs a little extra support or has some specific challenges?
- Are you a Canine Bodyworker or wellness professional looking to add integrative techniques to your skills?
Join Rachel Jackson (Tellington TTouch Instructor and Veterinarian Physiotherapist), virtually, Monday Evenings 7- 9 pm (UK Time Zone): starting on August 1st, continuing on August 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th.
Learn trust-based, gentle, effective and supportive techniques from the comfort of home. This includes 10 hours of live, virtual, group instruction and life-time access to a self-paced online study course.
The Tellington TTouch Method is a gentle, hands-on approach that improves well-being, behaviour, cooperation and the relationship people have with animals. It includes the use of a specialized form of bodywork, specific types of equipment and creative movement exercises that are easy to learn and used with all types of animals.
Most importantly, the Tellington TTouch Method facilitates trust and enhanced communication between humans and animals. TTouch can be integrated into daily life to increase confidence, reduce stress, improve focus and enhance well-being, making TTouch perfect for busy people!
These techniques are easy to learn and provide many solutions to common concerns by recognizing each animal and person as unique individuals. Rather than a set protocol for particular issues, the Tellington TTouch Method offers creative solutions customized to each situation.
This module encompasses the “Bodywork” component of the Tellington TTouch Method, one part of the whole. This introductory module is a wonderful addition to anyone interested in canine bodywork, enhancing their relationship with their animals, those who practice canine massage, or dog guardians with senior animals looking to help enhance well-being and function.
Not sure what the time will be where you are? Check it out on our Time Zone Converter.
You will learn how to:
➔ Interpret your dog’s behavior in a non-judgmental way
➔ Notice a dog’s subtle body language for signs of stress or relaxation
➔ Use simple, relaxing body work techniques to support your dog and your relationship
➔ Support your dog with techniques to reduce anxiety and enhance self-confidence
➔ Utilize simple TTouch Body Wrap techniques in appropriate situations
➔ Recognize and acknowledge how your own state of mind will affect your dog
This workshop includes:
- 10 hours of LIVE, interactive instruction via Zoom
- Instant, life-time access to the online course, “Tellington TTouch for Dogs: Bodywork Module” for solid foundation of knowledge and accessible review opportunities.
- Supportive Study Group Access
- Recorded sessions for review.
- Online Course with 24/7, lifetime access.
*This course counts as 8 credits towards becoming a Certified Tellington TTouch Practitioner. No prior experience with the Tellington TTouch is required.
Register and gain instant access to an extensive, clearly laid out and detailed online course. This course can be done at YOUR OWN PACE, before or after the LIVE sessions.
The class is small and allows for individualized advice and attention.
The LIVE interactive portion of the course includes:
- 10 hours of live learning sessions in an intimate, supportive, group setting
- Expert feedback about your own animals
- Study group access
- In class assistants co-teaching and supporting the group’s learning and questions.
The online portion of the course includes:
- 8 Lesson Modules: Each consisting of several specific topics.
- Over 24 “how-to” videos and lectures about each specific concept and exercise
- Easy to follow mind maps
- 24/7 – lifetime access to all materials
Online Course Outline:
➡️ Welcome to the Course
➡️ About the Method
- Goals & Overview
➡️ Attitude & Philosophy
- Core Principles
- Staying Grounded
- The Power of Pause
➡️ Observation & Awareness
- What to Look For
- The 5 Fs
- How to Observe
➡️ The Sensory Side of TTouch: How TTouch Affects the Nervous System
➡️ Basics of Bodywork
- Understanding & Refining the TTouches
- TTouch Techniques: Part 1
- TTouch Techniques: Part 2
- TTouch Techniques: Part 3
- TTouch Techniques: Part 4
- TTouch Techniques: Extremities
➡️ All Wrapped Up: TTouch Body Wraps
- Quarter & Half Wraps
- Head Wraps
➡️ The Next Steps
Taking this course as a start towards certification? Here are you next steps.
About Your Instructor
It all started 24 years ago when Rachel adopted a beautiful, sweet, two year old lurcher from a local rescue. Fionn turned out to be petrified of other dogs, among other things. In her desire to help Fionn, she started to investigate ways to make his life easier. Rachel started to learn about dog behaviour, completing a two year dog trainer and behaviour course and have continued on a 20 year learning journey. Through my knowledge she has helped other people and their animals too. This was how her beautiful, scared, sweet natured dog laid the foundations for what has become Rachel’s passion.
By combining Veterinary Physiotherapy, Tellington TTouch Training and other modalities, Rachel can help solve your animal’s problems by creating a bespoke treatment plan for their unique needs, bringing them back into balance and creating a harmonious relationship between you and your best friend.
Located in the North West of England, Rachel has many years experience teaching and working with animals and their people all over the UK.
Learn more at https://www.wellbalancedanimals-vetphysio.co.uk/ .