Join Tellington TTouch Method Instructors, Debby Potts & Kathy Cascade to learn an effective and positive approach to working with dogs and their guardians.
Working with clients is a fun, rewarding and at times, challenging process. Of course, it’s important to have good skills in working with the animal. However, if you truly want to make a difference, having effective skills in working with the animal’s human is equally essential. After all, it is the human who applies what you have taught them, pays for the session and schedules the next appointment.
Successful client sessions require professionalism, good communication and mindful guidance for the person and the animal. With so many different situations and many types of variables that might impact your session, creativity and flexibility are essential for supporting your client in reaching their goals.
Whether you are in your certification process or already a Certified Practitioner, this course will help you to refine and expand your skills in client sessions.
This module includes:
- Preparation before the session
- How to decide where to conduct a session
- Developing a trusting relationship with a client
- Guide for clear communication
- Successful strategies during a session
- How to recognize when it’s useful to ask for help
- Help for common challenges with clients
- Guidelines for what to charge
- Professional ethics
This course can count for credit towards Certification as a Tellington TTouch Practitioner for Dogs, or simply be the continuation of a personal learning journey.
Live interactive sessions begin on Tuesdays April 4th & 11th with Kathy Cascade and continue Tuesdays April 18th, 25th & May 2nd with Debby Potts. Classes are from 10 am to 12 pm PST/ 6pm to 8 pm GMT.
Each session is recorded for future viewing or if you are unable to attend.
Between sessions you will work on specific skills and assignments, if you are including this course for credit towards Certification.
Enjoy the comforts of home, with your animal at ease, in this small, intimate group setting. Kathy and Debby will help coach you through specific concerns you may have and give you the tools to enhance your dog’s well being.
This course will count for 8 credits as an elective towards the Tellington TTouch Practitioner certification program for dogs. It is a required component for those pursuing certification.
Those who have previously attended this class, but would like to continue learning and sharing, may register as a “Returning Student” for a discounted tuition.
- Debby’s 5 Guiding Principles
- Set Yourself up for Success
- Initial Contact
- Session Preparation
- Allow Choices
- During the Session
- Building a Trusting Relationship
- Effective Listening Skills
- Keys to Success
- Clear Communication
- Identifying Goals/Objectives
- Observation – Animal and Client
- Pace Your Time
- Deciding what to do
- Client Compliance
- Letting Go of the Outcome
- Asking for Help
- From Another Professional
- From the Client
- From Another Tellington TTouch Practitioner
- Client Issues
- What to Charge and Asking for Money
How to Organize a Client Session by Kathy Cascade
The online portion of the course includes:
- 5 Lessons with “how-to” videos and lectures about each specific concept and exercise.
- Study Quizzes for your own learning and feedback.
- Lesson video assignments with Instructor feedback, to be completed by those pursuing certification.
- 24/7 access to all materials.
The LIVE interactive portion of the course includes:
- Five 2 hour sessions of learning in an intimate, supportive, group setting.
- Expert feedback about your own dog or client dogs you are working with.
- In class group activities and interactions.