It is a fact that at some point in your dog’s lifetime, husbandry care at home and veterinary procedures will be necessary. It’s our job to prepare dogs to be calm and confidence with everyday husbandry and ensure vet visits are as stress-free as possible or you could end up with years of struggle and upset for both yourself and your pet.
Whether your dog is tolerant and resilient of vet visits depends on many factors, such as his personality, previous experience, and handling by his guardian and any veterinary professionals he comes in contact with.
In this course, Tellington TTouch Instructor, author, and Animal Behaviourist, Toni Shelbourne expertly guides you through simple, effective and non-invasive exercises and techniques that can be applied to everyday handling and management of dogs and other animals through integrative TTouch techniqes.
This course is a must for anyone working with dogs professionally or if you have a special dog at home who requires extra veterinarian care.
In this course, you will learn:
- Safe handling practices for working with dogs in any situation
- Handling techniques which are critical in helping a dog become accustomed to being touched all over
- How to apply the TTouch Body Wrap
- How to do basic TTouch Body Work in preparation for common handling scenarios
- To understand a dog’s body language
- How to incorporate basic veterinarian handling preparation into your training regime.
Introduction (45:12 minute video lecture)
Why is my dog scared?
Medications, calming products and holistic options
How to Inhibit Fear
Canine communication & safe handling skills (55:46 minute video lecture)
Applying Tellington TTouch Training for husbandry & Vet procedures (28:18 minute video lecture))
- Tellington TTouch Bodywork (21:43 minute video lecture) (14:45 minute video demonstrations)
- Tellington TTouch Body Wraps (15:35 minute video lecture) (14:39 minute video demonstrations)
- Tellington TTouch Leash Skills (9:06 minute video lecture) (4:30 minute video demonstrations)
Training for veterinary examinations, procedures and equipment (20:22 minute video lecture)
The Debrief (11:45 minute video lectures)
The online portion of the course includes:
- 8 Lesson Modules
- Hours of “how-to” videos and lectures about each specific concept and exercise
- 88 Page Course Manual
- 24/7 access to all materials